Has my pet eaten or been exposed to something poisonous?

In the unfortunate event that your pet has been exposed, or even if you think that they have been exposed to a poison (toxin), please read the information below and contact us immediately for advice. In the event that it is outside our opening hours then please contact our emergency service, Armac Vets on 0161 7644618

There are many common foodstuffs and garden and houseplants which are toxic to pets. If you are at all unsure please call for advice.

poison

So what is poisonous to my pet?

As mentioned at the top of the page, there is a long list of things which are a hazard to our pets. Some of the most common are:

  • Alcohol
  • Aloe Vera
  • Antifreeze
  • Chocolate
  • Chives
  • Currants
  • Daffodils
  • Day lillies
  • Ferns
  • Foxglove
  • Garlic
  • Grapes
  • Herbicides
  • Hydrangea
  • Ibuprofen
  • Iris
  • Leeks
  • Lillies (all)
  • Marijuana
  • Mouse and rat poison
  • Nicotine
  • Onions
  • Poinsettia
  • Pyrethrin
  • Raisins
  • Rhubarb
  • Sago Palm
  • Salt
  • Super Glue
  • Sweet Pea
  • Tea Tree Oil
  • Tobacco
  • Tulips
  • Wisteria
  • Xylitol (found in chewing gum)
  • Yew
  • Yucca

These are but a few, a full list can be found HERE